-->

Sunday, October 14, 2012

an introduction to 'betes buddies

My name is Bailey. I'm sixteen years old, homeschooled, and I have type 1 diabetes.
         I was diagnosed exactly five months ago.
         Over the past five months I've realized that, while our illness is commonly called juvenile diabetes, there aren't really any support groups just for young people. I looked for information and was bombarded by different medical websites and answers to simple questions. There wasn't anything that showed that it was normal to be upset and hurt and wonder why. That's why I've started this blog. I want it to be a place that other kids with T1D can go to find encouragement or advice when they need it. It will be a place to share our struggles and triumphs and everything in between.
         I want you to know that, while diabetes is something we have, it's not what defines us. I want this to be a safe place for you to share your story and become involved. So come on in. Grab a low-carb snack and stay awhile. I'd love to have you with us. :)
         Hugs,
         Bailey

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely blog, my dear Bailia. I can't wait to see where it goes. ♥ You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I found this site - I agree with you.
    I would be interested in doing some posts for you if you want :)
    I'm homeschooled (thanks to my diabetes, not that I'm complaining) and I was diagnosed in 2009.

    ReplyDelete