-->

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

For Owen.

Hey Owen. :)

I heard that you're getting bullied and that makes me sad for you. You're awesome and you can't let the words people say define you and get you down. Because at the end of the day, they're just that.
Words.
I know that they hurt. Whoever said that 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me' wasn't really telling the truth. Words are the things that hurt the most and it's kinda like they stick to us like we're glue. People throw around words so much that they become who we are. We start to think that those words are what we actually are, when in reality, we're pretty cool. Some people may never see that you're a really neat person. They may never take the time to get to know you and I know how much it hurts to be left behind by friends.
It's the hardest thing in the world, I know, but you can do it. You're able to do anything that you set your mind to. You will find the most amazing friends in the world. You will. I promise.
It gets better. It seems hard, you know, I think being different is always going to be a tough climb. There's always going to be people that are scared of it. But at the end of the day if you give those bullies, those people, that don't know who you are and what you go through, if you give them the power to affect you, you're letting them win. And they don't deserve that. What you're doing by being yourself is keeping it real, and you're being really brave, Owen.
“Some people won't be happy until they've pushed you to the ground. What you have to do is have the courage to stand your ground and not give them the time of day. Hold on to your power and never give it away.”


And if you ever need a friend, I'm right here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment